Ganapathiji ka favorite… make it, offer it, eat it! celebrate this auspicious day!
Ganapathi Bappa Moriya!
Time to Prepare : 40min | Serves : 20
- Grated Coconut : 1.5 cup
- Jaggery : 1 cup
- Dry fruits : 1/4 cup (chopped)
- Bombay Rava : 4 table spoon
- Ghee : 2 table spoon
- Maida(All purpose flour) : 1 cup
- Corn flour – 2 table spoon
- Cooking oil – for deep frying
- Heat Jaggery and coconut in a pan. Stir well until the mixture contracts into a solid lump. Add 1 table spoon rava. Stir well and turn off flame (takes 10min appx.)
Hint : Turn off flame when the mixture is not sticky and the consistency is such that you can make laddus of it
- Now heat ghee and dry fruits in another pan, stir until they turn golden brown. Add this mixture into the coconut mixture(prepared in step 1). Mix well and let it cool.
- Take Maida and 3 table spoon rava in a bowl, add water and knead it well to make dough
- Divide the dough into 20 parts. Roll them into thin round shaped rotis, use corn flour for studding.
- Divide the coconut mixture into 20 parts and make 20 laddus
- Take a laddu, place it on a rolled maida roti. Wrap the roti into modak shape.
Trickier part: getting the shape: You can either use modak moulds. Or, do the below, trust me, its simple : Take the roti on one hand, place the laddu at the center. Now wrap the laddu just like you tie a sack bag, only… instead of putting a knot, roll it firmly so that it seals the mixture!
- Heat oil and deep fry the modaks at low to medium heat.
Make this Ganesh Chaturthi even more special by cooking the offering yourself!