Ekaadashi Special, a perfect breakfast or snacks recipe.
Cooking time : 20min | Serves : 2
- Sabudana(Sago) – 1 Cup
- Ground nuts(granular) – 1/4 Cup
- Cooking Oil – 4 table spoon
- Green Chilli – 3 to 4
- Lemon juice – 1 table spoon
- Coriander leaves – for garnish
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 table spoon
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 table spoon
- Salt – for taste
- Rinse the sabudana(sago) well , sprinkle some water and keep it aside for 4 hours(until it becomes soft)
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. Let it crackle
- Then add green chilli ,sabudana and turmeric powder and stir well for 5min.
- Add ground nuts(granular) and salt and stir well
- Add chopped coriander leaves
Take the kichdi in the serving dish, add lemon juice, mix and Serve Hot!
Healthy too , tasty too and easy too! The benefits of having oats is known to all, but when it comes to eating oats, I hear only NOOO! so why not make it tasty! Try it out!
Time to prepare : 30 min | Serves : 4
- Moong Dal – 1 cup
- Oats – 1/2 cup
- Pepper – 1 table spoon
- Jeera (Cumin seeds) – 1 table spoon
- Turmeric – 1/2 table spoon
- Asafoetdia (Hing) – a pinch
- Salt – for taste
- Dry Cocunut(grated) – 3 table spoon
- Cashew nuts – 1/4 cup
- Oil, curry leaves, mustard seeds, ghee for oggarne (tadka)
Step 1 : Take moong dal in a bowl and clean and rinse it a couple of times.
Step 2 : Add rinsed dal into pressure cooker and 2 cups of water and pressure cook for 7 – 10min , for 2 whistles.
Step 3 : Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and let mustard seeds to crackle. Add dry cocunut, cashew nuts and cooked moong dal. And stir well.
Step 4 : Next add 2 – 3 cups of water, add pepper and jeera (both powdered), turmeric and salt and let water to boil.
Step 5 : Add oats to boiling water and stir until oats is cooked well, approximately takes 4 – 5min
Step 6 : Once cooked, add ghee and close the lid of pan for a minute.
TaDa!! Oats huggi ready! Garnish with curry leaves and serve hot!