Ganapathiji ka favorite… make it, offer it, eat it! celebrate this auspicious day!
Ganapathi Bappa Moriya!
Time to Prepare : 40min | Serves : 20
- Grated Coconut : 1.5 cup
- Jaggery : 1 cup
- Dry fruits : 1/4 cup (chopped)
- Bombay Rava : 4 table spoon
- Ghee : 2 table spoon
- Maida(All purpose flour) : 1 cup
- Corn flour – 2 table spoon
- Cooking oil – for deep frying
- Heat Jaggery and coconut in a pan. Stir well until the mixture contracts into a solid lump. Add 1 table spoon rava. Stir well and turn off flame (takes 10min appx.)
Hint : Turn off flame when the mixture is not sticky and the consistency is such that you can make laddus of it
- Now heat ghee and dry fruits in another pan, stir until they turn golden brown. Add this mixture into the coconut mixture(prepared in step 1). Mix well and let it cool.
- Take Maida and 3 table spoon rava in a bowl, add water and knead it well to make dough
- Divide the dough into 20 parts. Roll them into thin round shaped rotis, use corn flour for studding.
- Divide the coconut mixture into 20 parts and make 20 laddus
- Take a laddu, place it on a rolled maida roti. Wrap the roti into modak shape.
Trickier part: getting the shape: You can either use modak moulds. Or, do the below, trust me, its simple : Take the roti on one hand, place the laddu at the center. Now wrap the laddu just like you tie a sack bag, only… instead of putting a knot, roll it firmly so that it seals the mixture!
- Heat oil and deep fry the modaks at low to medium heat.
Make this Ganesh Chaturthi even more special by cooking the offering yourself!
Black Sesame has ample of nutrients making it very very healthy! did u know, it actually helps in anti-ageing, cool isnt it?? 😉
Time to Prepare : 20min | Serves : 10
- Black Sesame – 1 cup
- Jaggery – 1 cup
- Ground nut – 1/2 cup
- Dry Coconut powder – 1/4 cup
- Take a pan and roast Black sesame and Ground nut one by one( Hint : Black Sesame crackles once roasted and ground nut turns slightly brown)
- Grind roasted black sesame and ground nut to make fine powdered mixture
- Add jaggery to the mixture and grind again until jaggery blends into the mixture
- Take the threesome mixture into a bowl, add coconut and mix well
- Roll into laddus and savor the ‘Chigali’!
A special touch : Make laddus and press it over sides to get cylindrical shaped Chigali!
Nagara panchami special! but this healthy yet yummy dish doesnt really need an occasion, does it? 😀
Time to Prepare : 30min | Serves : 10
- Fried Gram – 1 cup
- Jaggery – 1 cup
- Ghee – 1/4 cup
- Grated dry coconut – 1/4 cup
- Grind fried gram to get a fine powder
- Heat ghee in pan, after it melts add jaggery and keep stirring until it becomes a syrup of one string consistency.
- Add fried gram powder and coconut and switch off flame.
- Remove the pan from stove and stir well until fried gram powder and coconut mixes well
- Roll into laddus when hot (Once cold, making ladoos will be difficult since the mixture becomes hard)
A special touch : Make laddus and press it over top and bottom to get cylindrical shaped Tambittu!
Are you bored of mysore paks, cashew burfis? are you craving for a different homemade delicious sweet? then you stepped at a right place. This easy to prepare sweet makes you forget every other burfi and crave for it again and again!
Time to prepare : 30 min | Serves : 20 pieces.
- Gram Flour(Besan) – 1 cup
- Milk powder – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Refined oil – 1 cup
- Ghee – 3/4 cup
- Almonds, tutti-fruity for garnish.
Step 1: Take besan, milk powder and oil in a bowl and mix well avoiding lumps. Set it aside.
Step 2: Heat a pan and add 1/4 cup water and sugar into it. Stir to make a sugar syrup of one string consistency.
Step 3: Pour the mixture that was set aside initially into the sugar syrup.
Step 4 : Stir the mixture and add ghee incrementally for every 2 min. Keep stirring the mixture ensuring that it does not get burnt at the bottom of the pan.
Step 5 : Continue stirring until the mixture settles as one lump and does not stick to the pan anymore.
Step 6 : Add tutti-fruity and stir once, transfer the lump on the kitchen platform add granulated almonds and spread evenly on the platform.
Step 7: Cut it into slices wither square shaped or in diamond shaped and let it cool.
There you go! burfis are ready!